Organized in 1907, the Eau Claire Rod and Gun Club is the oldest continuously operating sportsman’s club in the state of Wisconsin. Current club members can trace their roots to
February 25, 1907, when sportsmen of the Eau Claire area met.
assist in the propagation and preservation of fish and game…to
promote friendship and sociability among members.”
The years following have seen the merger of the original Rod and Gun Club with the Indianhead Gun Club, The Western Wisconsin Pistol Club, and The Chippewa Valley Field Trial Association. Each former organization retains its basic goals, but operates within the framework of the larger organization. With a current membership of approximately 2,000, our club looks eagerly
toward providing sporting activities in a positive, family atmosphere for the people of the greater Eau Claire area.
- 1991 Wisconsin Wildlife Federation Conservation Organization of the Year Award
- 1992 National Wildlife Federation
- 1997 Wisconsin Conservation Club of the Year Award